The Senior Specialist Instructor – Mechanical will have the responsibility to plan, lead and control training projects including Aircraft Safety, Hydraulic Systems , Landing Gear , Fuel Systems and Gas Turbine Engines to meet TSI needs.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
· Will have attained a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance (Military Aircraft Mechanical Systems) or equivalent in an Aircraft Mechanical discipline.
· Graduate of an advanced military trade school or an EASA Part 147 training establishment and have 5 years practical experience across the range of aircraft mechanical systems.
· Proven experience in the development, management/supervisory and delivery of academic education and training programmes in a military training environment
· Acknowledged attainment of BAE Systems core and functional competencies applicable to grade of post
· English Language ability to IELTS 6.0 or equivalent for non-native speakers.
· IT Literate, commercially aware and able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
· Working knowledge of the BAE Systems operational framework as it relates to Life Cycle Management and the Engineering Life Cycle
· An ability to think analytically and express solutions to complex issues in simple language
· A track record of successfully assessing and responding to customers’ requirements
· Good knowledge of training methodologies, analysis, design and instructional techniques and a proven ability to perform within a training environment.
· Proven interpersonal skills to support commercial and technical interaction, negotiation and counselling from a wide spectrum of cultures, status levels and capability – understands what is required to meet requirements
Roles and Responsibilities
· Prepare business cases or appraisals to support management decisions.
· Recommend, develop and implement procedures, processes and controls within an assigned area to ensure compliance with defined policies.
· Ensure working practices comply with all current departmental policies, procedures and work instructions, conducting regular reviews to ensure they are applied and reflect the efficient practices appropriate to a dynamic organisation.
· Support the pursuit of business opportunities to facilitate performance and growth and to ensure the team contributes to achieving the department’s business and value plan
· Contribute as required to supporting business development activities
· Perform classroom assessments and observations with the provision of feedback.
· Perform classroom and practical based training delivery within area of expertise / specialism on an as required basis
· Plan and project manage assigned training programmes to meet contracted financial and operational requirements, reporting project progress to senior management in line with LCM and departmental processes.
· Lead the analysis, design, production, development and delivery of designated new and existing training programmes and projects, to satisfy TSI and individual needs and to time, cost and quality requirements.
Lead, develop and motivate a team of multi-disciplined Training Specialists to ensure they are competent and motivated to meet their accountabilities on current and projected training programmes or projects, and that all assigned resources are effectively utilised.
· Identify and initiate task and personal development programmes for team members to provide flexibility of employment within the team and across team boundaries and to develop the necessary skills and competencies required to meet the business needs.
· Conduct and advise on the development of training needs analyses, training solutions development and training design activities for projects both within and external to the business unit
· Keep up to date in area(s) of expertise to enable training services provided to be fully current and relevant, and to help the Business be aware of new developments.
· Provide specialist professional specialist advice on best practice in training methodologies, technologies and tools.
· Identify and work to achieve meaningful and practical objectives in the course of duties that reflect and satisfy the overall needs of the section and wider business.
· Understand and strive to exceed the expectations of internal/external Customers and stakeholders.
· Understand how the business performs, its operating procedures and deliverables, in order to achieve objectives associated with the role
· Two-way communication through sharing of information as appropriate and listening to other parties views and expectations
· Support, co-operate with, and work with others in order to achieve common goals and objectives
· Adopt a flexible and creative approach to problem solving, applying this to achieve practical solutions in the course of duties
Adopt a pro-active and flexible approach to duties of the role and the needs of the wider business.
· Undertake all mandatory and developmental training as deemed appropriate by the business
· Subscribe to and actively participate in the PDR process
· Strive to adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour and performance as expected by the business and defined in Company policy
Any other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the business
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities.
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.